Mail：School of Foreign Languages, China University of Geosciences, 388 Lumo Road, Wuhan,
Hubei, P.R.C. 430074 (University Address)
Master supervisor, Associate Professor, School of Foreign Languages, China University of Geosciences , Wuhan, Hubei, P.R. China 430074
Bachelor of Arts in English Language & Literature (2004)
South Central University for Nationalities, Wuhan, Hubei, People’s Republic of China
Master of Science in Education (2006)
University of Wisconsin, USA
Doctor of Philosophy (August 2014)
University of Tasmania, Australia
· 2019-2020 Guest Editor Sage Open (Sage publisher)
· Journal reviewers
Associate Professor of School of Foreign Languages (Since 2018), CUG(China University of Geosciences)
BA Courses: Lexicology
Research Projects in recent five years:
Novice English teachers’ digital habitat in the Czech Republic (CZ.02.2.69/0.0/0.0/16_027/0008360 Grant50,000 EURO), Czech Republic, 2017-2021. In Progress
• Lu, J. (2014). English Language Learning and Teaching in China – Students' Perspectives. New York: Untested Ideas Research Center.
Articles in recent five years:
Lu, J. (2019). Publish or Perish in Social Science? -Tension, Challenges and opportunities for Chinese academics in Humanities and Social Sciences. Asian Journal of Social Science.（SSCI）
Lu, J., He, M. (2019) Critical Literacy, Schooling, and Social Justice, Revista de Educación, 384, 301-304.（SSCI）
Lu, J., & Wu, Y. (2019) Schools of Promise for Multilingual Students: Transforming Literacies, Learning, and Lives. International Journal of Bilingual Education and Bilingualism. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/13670050.2019.1587379（SSCI）
Lu, J. (2018) Of Roses and Jasmine –Auto-ethnographic reflections on my early bilingual life through China’s Open-Door Policy. Reflective Practice. DOI: 10.1080/14623943.2018.1538959 (Scopus Q1)
Lu, J. (2018) Review of Family Life in China. The China Review. （SSCI）
Lu, J (2018) Educating Chinese-heritage students in the global-local nexus: identities, challenges, and opportunities, International Journal of Bilingual Education and Bilingualism, DOI: 10.1080/13670050.2018.1531512.（SSCI）
Lu, J., & Price, J. (2018) Chinese Students’ ICT Readiness for a Blended Teaching and Learning Environment. EURASIA Journal of Mathematics, Science and Technology Education, 14(7), 2907–2914.
Lu, J. (2017) Confucius stands on the London eye- an auto-ethnographic study. Ethnography and Education, 1-14. orcid.org/0000-0001-8193-4160 (Scopus Q2)
Lu, J., & Liu, Y. (2016) Learner Autonomy as an element in Chinese Education Reform: A Case of English Language Subject. English Language Teaching, 9(3), 33-48.
Lu, J., & Jiang, H. (2016) Chinese Education and Learning Activities Outside of Class: What Lies Beyond Basic Education? International Education Studies, 9(4), 54-68.
Lu, J., & Throssell, P. (2015) The innovative trend of using address terms in China. International Journal of Interdisciplinary Cultural Studies, 10(4), 1-11.（Q3）
Lu, J., Woodcock, S., Jiang, H. (2014). Investigation of Chinese university students' attributions of English language learning. Sage Open, 4(4), 1-15.（SSCI）
Conference Presentations in recent five years:
1. 2nd -4th July 2019, The 5th International Symposium on Education Technology (ISET), Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic.
2. 11th -13th March, 2019 13th annual International Technology, Education and Development Conference, Valencia, Spain.
3. 21st -23rd June 2018, The Twenty-fifth International Conference on Learning, Athens, Greece.
4. 27thNovember-1st December, 2016 Australian Association for Research in Education (AARE) Conference, Melbourne.
5. 7th -11th April, 2016 ACTA International Conference, Perth, Western Australia.
6. 25th -26th September, 2015 Third International Conference on Leadership in Pedagogies and Learning, Stuartholme School, Toowong, Queensland.
7. 14th-17th July, 2014 21st International Learning Conference, New York, U.S.A.
8. 24th -29th April, 2014 2014 TESOL International Convention & English Language Expo, Portland, Oregon, U.S.A.