Fang Liu （刘芳）
Mail：School of Foreign Languages, China University of Geosciences, 388 Lumo Road, Wuhan, Hubei, P.R.C. 430074 (University Address)
Master supervisor, Associate Professor, School of Foreign Languages, China University of Geosciences, Wuhan, Hubei, P.R. China, 430074
· Bachelor of Arts in English Language & Literature (1998)
Central China Normal University, Wuhan, Hubei, People’s Republic of China
· Master of Economics in Western Economics (2004)
Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, Hubei, People’s Republic of China
· Master of Arts in Foreign Linguistics and Applied Linguistics (2009)
China University of Geosciences, Wuhan, Hubei, People’s Republic of China
· Doctor of Philosophy in English Language & Literature (2015)
Shanghai International Studies University, Shanghai, People’s Republic of China
· “Excellence Award for Completion of Provincial Teaching Research Project”, 2010
· “Excellence Award for Educational Administration and Management in CUG”, 2019
· Council Member，Foreign Education Technology Society of China, Association for Comparative Studies of English and Chinese
· Standing Council Member，China Association for Translation, Interpreting and Cognition
· Council Member，China Language Education Association
Associate Professor (Since 2010), CUG
MA Courses: Thinking and Communication, English for International Conferences, Scientific Writing and Communication
BA Courses: College English, English Lexicology, English Grammar, Basic English Writing，Practical English Writing
Lecturer of School of Foreign Languages (Since 2003), CUG
BA Courses: College English, English Writing
Tutor of School of Foreign Languages (Since 1998), CUG
BA Courses: College English, Oral English
· Promotion of Critical Thinking in Graduate Students (YKC2018502, Grant 30,000 yuan), China University of Geosciences, 2018-2020. In Progress.
· Action Research on Teaching of Critical Writing（2017143）, Hubei Provincial Department of Education, 2018-2020. In Progress.
· College English Course Development: Design and Implementation（ZL201701, Grant 100,000 yuan）, China University of Geosciences, 2017-2019. Completed.
· A Study on University English Teacher’s Preparedness for Critical Thinking Instruction (26420130071), Hubei Provincial Department of Education, 2014-2016. Completed.
· A Study on College English Teachers’ Critical Thinking（CUGW130238, grant 30,000 yuan）, China University of Geosciences, 2013-2015. Completed.
· De Soto, J. Huerta. (2012). Money, Bank Credit and Economic Cycles. (Yafei Ge & Fang Liu, Trans.). Beijing: Publishing House of Electronics Industry. (Original work published 1997).
· Ge, Yafei, Fang Liu, and Weihong Wang. (2007). College English Writing. Wuhan: China University of Geosciences Press.
· Peng, Lin and Fang Liu. (2018). Incorporating critical thinking into college English education. Journal of Central China Normal University (Natural Sciences), (2): 240-243.
· Li, Kang and Fang Liu. (2016). Three voices of Jennie and Hurston’s choice. Fudan Forum on Foreign Languages and Literature, (1): 16-23.
· Liu, Fang, Yuanxing Dong and Kang Li. (2013). A study on Chinese university English teachers’ critical thinking skills. Computer-Assisted Foreign Language Education, (6): 66-70.
· Dong, Yuanxing, Kang Li and Fang Liu. (2010). A study on the critical thinking skills of college English students: Assessment and cultivation. Computer-Assisted Foreign Language Education, (5): 33-38.
· Liu, Fang and Man Zhang. (2009). A comparative study of writers’ explicit register roles of book reviews and literature reviews. Foreign Language Education, (1): 19-24.
· Liu, Fang and Lin Peng. (2006). Promotion of critical thinking through peer review in the L2 writing process. Hubei Social Sciences, (12): 48-50.
· “A study on university English teachers’ development of critical thinking”, presented in the Sixth National Symposium on Critical Thinking and Creative Education, August 19th, 2016, Tsinghua University, Beijing.
· “A study on the critical thinking skills of Chinese university teachers”, presented in the Ninth International Symposium on College English Teaching Research, October 18th, 2013, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou.
· “The design and implementation of liberal arts courses”, presented in 2012 National Symposium on College Foreign Language Teaching Reform, January 6th, 2012, Harbin University of Commerce, Harbin.